Visa Attorneys in Raleigh, North Carolina

Obtaining a visa to enter the United States can be a complicated and overwhelming process. From understanding the different types of visas available, to gathering all necessary documents and navigating through complex legal procedures, it's no wonder that many people seek the assistance of an attorney. 

Our visa lawyers at Herhusky Law Office, PLLC provide clients with guidance and representation throughout the application process. We are well-versed in the intricacies of US immigration laws and have years of experience helping individuals from all over the world obtain visas to enter the US for work, study, family reunions, or other purposes. 

Our immigration law firm is located in Raleigh, North Carolina, and we serve clients throughout the surrounding areas, including Durham, Greensboro, Fayetteville, Charlotte, Wilson Wilmington, greater North Carolina, and beyond. 

Types of Visas

At Herhusky Law Office, PLLC, we understand how important it is to bring your dreams to life by coming to the United States. Whether you want to work, study, or join your loved ones, there's a visa that fits your needs.  

Let's take a closer look at the different types of visas available. 

Work Visas

If you're looking to work in the U.S., you'll need a work visa. There are several options, depending on your job and qualifications: 

  • H-1B visa: This is for professionals with specialized skills in fields like IT, engineering, and healthcare. It's a popular choice for companies looking to hire foreign talent. 

  • L-1 visa: Ideal for multinational companies, this visa allows businesses to transfer executives, managers, or employees with specialized knowledge to their U.S. offices. 

  • O visa: If you have extraordinary abilities in arts, sciences, education, business, or athletics, the O visa might be the right fit for you. 

  • E visas: The E-1 visa is for traders, while the E-2 visa is for investors from countries with which the U.S. has treaties. 

  • TN visa: Available to Canadian and Mexican professionals under NAFTA, this visa is for those in specific professions, such as accountants, engineers, and scientists.

 Need Help with U.S. Visa?

Call Immigration Attorney 

Student Visas 

There are two main types of student visas for those who wish to study in the U.S.: 

  • F-1 visa: This is the most common student visa. It's for students attending an academic program or English language program. F-1 students can work on campus and, under certain conditions, work off campus. 

  • M-1 visa: This visa is for students attending vocational or technical schools. M-1 students are not permitted to work during their studies. 

Family-Based Visas 

Reuniting with loved ones in the U.S. is possible through family-based visas: 

  • Immediate Relative visas (IR): These are for spouses, parents, and children of U.S. citizens. Examples include the IR-1 (spouse of a U.S. citizen) and IR-2 (unmarried child under 21 of a U.S. citizen). 

  • Family Preference visas (F): These are for more distant family relationships with U.S. citizens and some specified relationships with Lawful Permanent Residents (LPR). Examples include the F1 (unmarried sons and daughters of U.S. citizens) and F3 (married sons and daughters of U.S. citizens). 

Tourist and Business Visas 

If you're planning a short visit for tourism or business, you might need one of these visas: 

  • B-1 visa: This visa is for business visitors who are visiting the U.S. for business activities, such as attending conferences or meetings. 

  • B-2 visa: This visa is for tourists who are coming to the U.S. for leisure, tourism, or medical treatment. 

Humanitarian Visas 

Humanitarian visas are for those facing dire circumstances. 

  • U visa: For victims of certain crimes who have suffered mental or physical abuse and are willing to help law enforcement in the investigation or prosecution of criminal activity. 

  • T visa: For victims of human trafficking who assist law enforcement in investigating or prosecuting traffickers. 

  • Asylum: For individuals fleeing persecution based on race, religion, nationality, political opinion, or membership in a particular social group. 

Exchange Visitor Visas 

This visa is for individuals looking to participate in an exchange program. 

  • J-1 visa: This is for participants in an approved exchange program, which can include work-and-study-based programs, summer work travel, or research scholars. J-1 visa holders are generally subject to a home-country physical presence requirement after completing their program. 

Religious Worker Visas 

This is for individuals planning to work in the U.S. on a religious basis. 

  • R-1 visa: This is for religious workers who are temporarily coming to the U.S. to work for a bona fide non-profit religious organization. 

Media and Journalist Visas 

For media professionals and journalists: 

  • I visa: This is for representatives of foreign media, including members of the press, film, and radio, who are traveling to the U.S. to engage in their profession. 

Diversity Immigrant Visa Program 

An opportunity for individuals from countries with low rates of immigration to the U.S. 

  • Diversity Visa (DV): The U.S. allocates 50,000 immigrant visas annually through a lottery to nationals from countries with low immigration rates to the United States. The winners of this lottery can receive a green card. 

How Herhusky Law Office, PLLC Can Help You

Our services are designed to make your visa application process as straightforward as possible. Here's what we offer: 

  • Initial consultation to understand your goals and determine the best visa option for you. 

  • Document preparation to ensure everything is in order to increase your chances of approval. 

  • Application submission, making sure it meets all requirements and deadlines. 

  • Follow-up and support throughout the process, answering any questions you may have and keeping you updated on the status of your application. 

  • Appeals and waivers to help you achieve a positive outcome in case of denial or a waiver requirement. 

Visa Lawyers in Raleigh, North Carolina

At Herhusky Law Office, PLLC, we are passionate about helping you make your dream of coming to the United States a reality. Our vast experience in this field ensures that your journey is as stress-free as possible. We are excited to collaborate with you and play a part in turning your American dream into a tangible reality. Call today to schedule a consultation.