Requesting Your IRS Transcript: Our Helpful Guide


IRS Transcripts are FREE for the past 4 years, and available Online at the IRS website and over the Phone. IRS Transcripts are usually requested financial supporting documents by USCIS, NVC, and DOS and in many Immigration Filings.

If your immigration filing requires the past 5 years of records, consider providing the IRS Form 1040 Records, which can be found on your tax preparer like H&R Block orTurbotax. Although the 1040 can also be requested from the IRS, the IRS charges $50 per year and can take nearly 3 months to receive the 1040 copy.

Below are additional instructions of what would be required depending on how the transcript is requested:

To request Online:
To request over the phone call us.

Disclaimer: This Information is made available by the lawyer or law firm publisher for educational purposes only as well as to give you general information and a general understanding of the law, not to provide specific legal advice. By using this blog site you understand that there is no attorney-client relationship between you and the Blog/Web Site publisher. The Blog should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed professional attorney in your state.